PFLAG SD Twits

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 8, 2010

    An Ally's promise by Anthony D'Angelo

    An Ally's Promise

    By Anthony D'Angelo

    I Believe

    I believe success is the freedom to be yourself.

    I believe nobody is wrong; they are only different.

    I believe your circumstances don't define you, rather they reveal you.

    I believe without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community.

    I believe our minds are like parachutes; they only work if they are open.

    I believe we only live once, but if we live it right, one time is all well need.

    I believe we must first get along with ourselves before we can get along with others.

    I Will

    I will seek to understand you.

    I will label bottles not people.

    I will grow antennas not horns.

    I will see the diversity of our commonality.

    I will see the commonality of our diversity.

    I will get to know who you are rather than what you are.

    I will transcend political correctness and strive for human righteousness.

    I Challenge You

    I challenge you to honor who you are.

    I challenge you to enjoy your life rather than endure it.

    I challenge you to create the status quo rather than merely accept it.

    I challenge you to live in your imagination more than your memory.

    I challenge you to live your life as a revolution and not just a process of evolution.

    I challenge you to ignore other peoples ignorance so that you may discover your own wisdom.

    I Promise You

    I promise to do my part.

    I promise to stand beside you.

    I promise to interrupt the world when its thinking becomes ignorant.

    I promise to believe in you, even when you have lost faith in yourself.

    I Am Here For You.

    .

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your comments.